Monday, September 16, 2013

CassaStorm! - the Book You've been Waiting for. . .

Alex J. Cavanaugh's
New Release Available September 17, 2013







CassaStorm
By Alex J Cavanaugh
 
From the Amazon Best Selling Series!
A storm gathers across the galaxy



Commanding the Cassan base on Tgren, Byron thought he’d put the days of battle behind him. As a galaxy-wide war encroaches upon the desert planet, Byron’s ideal life is threatened and he’s caught between the Tgrens and the Cassans.

After enemy ships attack the desert planet, Byron discovers another battle within his own family. The declaration of war between all ten races triggers nightmares in his son, threatening to destroy the boy’s mind.

Meanwhile the ancient alien ship is transmitting a code that might signal the end of all life in the galaxy. And the mysterious probe that almost destroyed Tgren twenty years ago could return. As his world begins to crumble, Byron suspects a connection. The storm is about to break, and Byron is caught in the middle…
***




 ***
Reviews:
CassaStorM is a touching and mesmerizing space opera full of action and emotion with strong characters and a cosmic mystery.” – Edi’s Book Lighhouse


“…mesmerizing story of survival, personal sacrifice, tolerance, and compassion. It’s a rare jewel that successfully utilizes both character and plot to tell a story of such immense scope and intimate passion…” - Nancy S. Thompson, author of The Mistaken

***
Science fiction/adventure and science fiction/space opera
$16.95 USA, 6x9 Trade paperback, 268 pages, Dancing Lemur Press, L.L.C.
Print ISBN 9781939844002 eBook ISBN 9781939844019
$4.99 EBook available in all formats

***
Find CassaStorm:

Amazon -
http://www.amazon.com/CassaStorm-Alex-J-Cavanaugh/dp/1939844002/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1378484337&sr=1-1&keywords=cassastorm




***

Alex J. Cavanaugh has a Bachelor of Fine Arts degree and works in web design and graphics. He is experienced in technical editing and worked with an adult literacy program for several years. A fan of all things science fiction, his interests range from books and movies to music and games. Online he is the Ninja Captain and founder of the Insecure Writer’s Support Group. The author of the Amazon bestsellers, CassaStar and CassaFire, he lives in the Carolinas with his wife.
***

Twitter – http://twitter.com/AlexJCavanaugh

Goodreads - http://www.goodreads.com/author/show/4287922.Alex_J_Cavanaugh

***
Here's my question to the Capt'n:
 
Were there any other significant men in Athee's background, not including family? (any 'old flames' from the past)

His Answer:

I really hadn't thought about it! (What man really cares about the men in his woman's past?) She's attractive, so I imagine there were a few men vying for her attention before Byron.

So - What's in the Past, stays in the Past!




***


Comment on Alex’s blog this week for a chance to win! One person will be chosen at random to win a Cassa mug, Cass mousepad, swag, and a $25 iTunes gift card (Or Amazon).

 

Have you read the first two books in this series? Are you a part of the Ninja Capt'n's Army or Clones? OR, Do you know who 'mini-Alex' is and where he came from?

If not, check out Alex's blog to find out more, but please leave a comment here first! Thanks for stopping by.

***

55 comments:

  1. Congrats Alex! Seeing his book all over the place this morning! Definitely reason to celebrate!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hehehe so funny that he didn't think of Athee's past love life. :-D

    Can't wait to read the book.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you, DG!
    The Mini-Alex question is good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. All the Capt'n Ninja army would know the answer, I bet.

      Good Luck! Good luck can come in threes, too. Why not.

      Delete
  4. I bet there were some old flames in her life. Congrats, Alex!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So do I, L. Diane, so do I. But that would be another book.

      Delete
  5. I enjoyed Alex's other books. I'm sure this one will be just as good!

    ReplyDelete
  6. JL - thanks for stopping by!

    Sherry - I read the other two as well, so I think you're right.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great question for Alex! Of course she had old flames. Mini Alex...lol...He is on Alex's side bar and was a cut out doll if I remember correctly, a ninja playing a guitar :)Looking forward to reading CassaStar. I am sure it will round off this series greatly!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's right, Siv, mini-Alex does lurk in the sidebar. Today, I learned Athee's name was derived from Athena (a goddess); that info came from one of Alex's interviews.

      Delete
  8. I have read the first two books and will purchase this one too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This has been an epic launch. Alex has been all over the place. I learned lots of Cassa trivia...
    The first book was wonderful so I'm eager to get my hands on CassaFire and CassaStorm (as soon as I get a chance)
    Writer In Transit

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Alex has incorporated a few new tricks in his launch. Variety lends a different tone to checking out everyone else's post.

      Delete
  10. I don't usually read much science fiction, but I simply MUST read these books. I've heard a lot about them, and it's all been good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Alex's books are easy to read, the pace keeps you turning pages and it's a great way to see if you like the new scifi. Try it - Susan. Reading a broad range is good for the writer.

      Delete
  11. Great question! Love how Alex has taken over blogosphere. It's really fun!!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a fun question. I bet Athee had plenty of men at her door before Byron came along.

    So happy for Alex and looking forward to this book. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hehe! What a great question! Congrats to Alex!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought that would have made an interesting prequel. . .

      Delete
  14. ALL the best, Alex...

    Really interesting question, D.G.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It must be how my female mind works. I'd want to know a little bit, in case one of those past flames showed up.

      Delete
  15. I'm sure to end up with Byron, Athee had an interesting life to that point.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Congrats Alex! You've officially taken over Bloggerland ;)

    El

    ReplyDelete
  17. LOL! What happens in the past stays in the past. Good one!

    Sia McKye Over Coffee

    ReplyDelete
  18. Nicely done DG! I hope you are doing well :D

    ReplyDelete
  19. Good answer! The past stays in the past!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Pk Hrezo and Natalie - thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I am so a ninja army member wannabee of Capn Mini-Alex and my cats are honorary ones too! LOL!! Yay for the Capn!! Take care
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I salute you, another member of the Capt'n's Ninja army! Uh, make that the mini-Alex ninja army. . .(he's getting his own? a mini-version, I hope)

      Delete
  22. Wow, the book looks interesting. I've added it to my mental list of 'books I can't afford now but may be able to get someday.'

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have one of those lists, too, it also helps if you're at the library to tell them to purchase the book. That's how I read a few of my literary hardcovers.

      Delete
  23. hehe, great question and answer!
    Again, congrats to Alex!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Alex is all over with this book! Congrats to him! And I love the Q&A - what's in the past stays in the past. Great answer ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  25. I have it on my list too to read all of his books, but haven't gotten to them yet. This will definitely help, it was a great write-up for the book.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That write-up was Alex's. I've got to read this one yet. My TBR list has grown since I started blogging, too. It's a great way of hearing about what's new.

      Delete
  26. Alex gets more blogger support than just about anyone! He has appeared on just about every blog I read.

    Lee
    Tossing It Out

    ReplyDelete
  27. It must be the army, Lee, or the elusive clones that aren't supposed to be. He's the kind of guy who can get around. . .

    ReplyDelete
  28. I like your question! And, naturally, Alex is right. Men don't want to know. :))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The past can haunt us with ghosts, so perhaps it is better to leave the past in the past.

      Delete
  29. Hi DG .. isn't it wonderful Alex final part, CassaStorm, is out - he's done so well .. and then your question - yes, keep what's gone gone ... sounds like Alex too ..

    Cheers Hilary

    ReplyDelete
  30. I'm loving all the different questions! Such a clever idea for a blog tour!
    Tina @ Life is Good

    ReplyDelete

Comments will be reviewed before they appear.