Tuesday, May 1, 2012

DG's Note of Appreciation and What's New

Thanks! To all those fellow bloggers who visited, commented, and followed my blog during the A to Z Challenge.  I enjoyed meeting some very interesting people, but I'll save the detail for the Reflections evaluation of our experience. 



DG's Avatar
 What's New

I'll be posting my Reflections later this week and will add it to the list next Monday.  Hope you'll stop by to read my post and all the others which will be on the linky list on May 7th.  Details are on the A to Z Blog Challenge site.

***

In addition, on May 7th, there will be a Book launch to check out;  it's a science fiction author, so I'm pleased that I can help spread the word.

Mid-month, around May 15th, I'll be reviewing two books: one fantasy, one non-fiction:
  • Diane Gabaldon's  Lord John and the Brotherhood of the Blade
  • Penelope Rowland's  Paris was Ours

What I'm reading now:  Alex C. Cavanaugh's books:  CassaStar and CassaFire.  They'll be the next ones reviewed.  I'm loving all these new science fiction books.

In addition, I'm planning on reviewing a mystery book by an author familiar on our blogs.  This is tentative until I have a copy of it in my hands, but mystery is my other genre of choice, so I welcome the opportunity to read this one.

Now, I'm back to my regular posting schedule although, I'm probably going to be posting a bit more often. I may do book reviews mid-month, every month.  It's something I'm considering.

Hope you enjoyed the Paris Etc. tour, it will be available under a separate tab soon, as a list of links to each post. 

Are you taking a break?  Back to the novel?  Or on to something new?  Please share in the comments.  I'm back to revisions and working on a new novel in the outlining stage. 

***


12 comments:

  1. I enjoyed your series. I had fun with the A-Z Challenge, but now it's time to focus all energy into the WIP...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Or WIPs. My revisions are nearly done. That is the next priority.

      Drop by when you can, I'll do the same.

      Delete
  2. The A to Z was fun but it was almost more than I could handle. Looking forward to your reviews.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a definite first for me, I had never posted every day. It took quite a bit of pre-planning, but I know how to meet a deadline. I really enjoyed meeting bloggers like you!

      Hope you'll stop by when you can.

      Delete
  3. Oh wow! I hope you are enjoying them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am. I've been teleported (well, virtually) right into that dimension. I'll be reviewing your books as soon as I can finish them.

      Delete
  4. Hi DG .. that's great that you're reviewing Alex' books .. one day I shall get them and transport myself!

    I'll be back to see if this posted .. otherwise it'll be in blogger spam - as I keep finding others' comments go.

    Well done on being so organised! I did so enjoy your postings around Paris - sites I see now or hear about re the French election .. make more sense! Trocadero, Joan of Arc sculpture ... cheers Hilary

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you've learned something, Hilary, that pleases me. I learned so much with that one trip that my view of France (which I loved before) has increased. Plus it makes me want to visit other European cities.

      And now you've whetted my appetite for castles in England, and I really enjoyed your series. I read many Dorothy Dunnett novels about 14th and 15th century England and France. You helped me remember some of those stories.

      Delete
  5. Hi DG .. I'm just posting again .. I'm subscribing to email and see if that makes a difference to the commenting .. this is the 2nd post here ..

    Cheers Hilary

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Seems it went to the same Spam box. Don't worry about it, Hilary, I can get them out of spam. See my comment on your blog.

      Delete
  6. i am going to come back and read your review on diana gabaldon's book--she is my daughter-in-law's favorite--she even talked to her during the a-z challenge, after she had written about her for "g" day---and they talked on twitter!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I left a reply on your blog, Lynn, about my meeting Diana Gabaldon. A very nice lady, and I love the way she writes. She instantly won me over at the conference where I met her. You're daughter-in-law has good taste if she's a Diana fan.

      I hope you do stop in now and again, Lynn. I look forward to your unique but pragmatic take on the world.

      Delete

Comments will be reviewed before they appear.