A to Z Blog Challenge 2012
First, thanks to the A to Z Team for the 2012 Blog Challenge! That’s all of the Co-Hosts listed on the A to Z Challenge page (Arlee, Alex, Stephen, Matthew, Jeremy, Tina, Jenny, D.L., Shannon, Elizabeth, Damyanti, Karen, and Konstanz.)
Special Thanks to Arlee (Lee) from Tossing it Out for initiating a fun event for writers to get to know other bloggers. It's a trade show for blogs.
This was a month in which I forced myself to stick to deadlines and produce a mini-series of posts. My theme was Paris, Etc. - Art, Film, Places and People in France.
2012 was my first time participating in the A to Z Challenge. I considered it a project. I enjoyed the research of the topics, and I hope I introduced you to some things you didn’t know about the city of Paris, and stirred the memories of those of you who have been there.
The A to Z Blog Challenge works well, when the list of participants is monitored. My follower count grew and so did my comment count, for which I’m pleased. Some days I visited more of the blogs than others, but I’m not finished visiting yet.
What worked - for me:
- Word Verification disabled. Comment approval ok.
- Blogs with an ‘About’ page
- Calm blogs, with less animation.
- Interesting titles
- Photos to enhance subject post
What caused problems - for me:
- Word Verification
- Bogus blogs, with no mention of A to Z, using the list as a lure.
Tips From a First-timer:
- Print the calendar month of April or use a monthly calendar page to plot out the letter for each day, allowing for 'rest' Sundays.
- Do advance research, if required.
- Schedule posts.
- Respond to those who make the effort to stop by your blog.
Did you learn something about yourself and your writing via the A to Z Challenge? Do you think it was worth the effort? Have you claimed your survivor badge? Please share your thoughts in the comments.