Monday, December 9, 2013

2013 CheersFest for ARLEE!

A Roast for All Seasons, for Mister A-to-Z Man. . .





Arlee (R. Lee)
Blogger and A to Z Mastermind

In honor of the 2013 recipient of the Cheers Blog, Mr. R. Lee, please share your thoughts about Lee of Tossing it Out and please drop by the participants of the Cheersfest on December 9th and add a few roasted words for the guest.

Cheersfest BlogHosts: Mark Koopmans, Morgan Shamy, David Powers King, Stephen Tremp, and Capt'n Alex Cavanaugh.

Great prizes! Win memorabilia from Lee's past life as a performer OR win Jeremy's design prize. Check blogsite for other prizes and how to enter.

***

Caption Entry: "Girls go crazy for a sharp dressed man, R. Lee."
Thanks, 'ZZ Top'! (wc17)


Girls go crazy for a sharp dressed man, R. Lee


AIR BENDER
Arlee (R. Lee) Bird, Juggler

Lee put on his favorite brown jacket and spent the next ten minutes tossing his 'Bird' logo sign, his Juggler Challenge Poster and his custom-made juggling pins in his carrybag. Tonight, he would debut his new trick, never performed before by anyone else. He could make the pins hover in mid-air for a full 60 seconds, maybe longer. He was given the secret in a dream-but no one would believe that. Would they?

A knock came on his door, it was time. . .

"You're on, Mr. Arlee," said the stage assistant.

***
Entry words for FlashFiction: Bird, Juggler, Challenge, Brown Jacket, Tossing
wc=91

***

Answers to Questions: 80 words each (entry answers total wc=50)
  • Why A to Z ? (Challenge) to test his writing skills, to meet other writers and to bring together like minded writers in a community which would help support and encourage each other
  • If someone dreams about being a juggler, what does it mean? Hmmm...Someone doesn't know which end is up? He wants to play?
  • Is a post by Mr. Bird worth 2 in the bush? That depends, what is the subject?
  • Who could be Lee in a movie? Peter Boyle or Richard Dreyfuss.
***

Do you know Arlee (aka Lee)? Do you what state Lee used to live in? Are you ready for the Holidays? Please share in the comments, I'm always listening!

Don't forget to visit the other posts on the Linky List at Mark's Blog.
Cheers!
***

References:

http://tossingitout.blogspot.ca/2013/11/youve-been-given-bird.html
Tossing It Out, Arlee's Blog

http://markkoopmans.blogspot.ca/2013/11/arlee-bird-is-2013-cheersfest-recipient.html
Mark Koopmans . . .Blog - Cheersfest Recipient 2013 - Arlee Bird

***

43 comments:

  1. Well, now I want to see Lee make that pin hover in midair!
    Thanks for participating in CheersFest.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I'd like to see that too. Hope he hasn't forgotten the secret from his early daze. . .

      Delete
  2. "Doesn't know which end is up…" Ha!

    Congrats to Arlee. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I could see Dreyfuss. Sharp dressed men almost always win my vote.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mine, too. Lee just needs a stylist to show the 'new Arlee'.

      Delete
  4. I like your caption. (of course, a music reference). I think he used to live in Tennessee.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think you're right, farawayeyes, and yes a music ref (slightly changed).

      Delete
  5. Darn, I never thought of Richard Dreyfuss.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I never thought of Paul Newman which some have suggested. Hmmm.

      Delete
  6. Richard Dreyfuss and Peter Boyle are both great choices. Now if only Peter Boyle wasn't dead...

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the guy for coming up with the A - Z Challenge ~ all the wonderful people I have met thanks to him, I don't have words to thank Lee for it. I would pick some other actor though, not sure who.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lee gets around, with multiple blogs and many stories of a rich life, running cross country.

      Delete
  8. I never thought about jugglers not knowing "which end is up!" Great line, and this was a fun roast!

    Julie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A great idea. Wonder if Lee has any live footage?

      Delete
  9. Lee is an inspiration in his creativity and his ability to get so much done. Love your flash fiction. A full minute hovering in the air, huh? He calls it "The Hummingbird" right?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Perfect name for the new trick! Thanks! It had to be at least 60 seconds or they'd suspect a hoax. . .

      Delete
  10. Fabulous, DG! Absolutely fabulous. And a full 60 seconds? I want the secret! Loved your answers. Really fun. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That trick could come in handy for many things. Bending air or slowing time?

      Delete
  11. DG I love how playful yours was~ Great caption by the way!
    I love that an old bird still has many tricks up his sleeve~

    ReplyDelete
  12. Holy moly - Lee is good if he can make it hover in the air for 60 seconds! Your post is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He might even be the first. I did mention this is in an alternate universe, didn't I?

      Delete
  13. Thanks, I tried to think what would juice up the act. . .

    ReplyDelete
  14. "He doesn't know which end is up".

    As they used to yell on 'Family Feud':
    GOOD ANSWER!

    ~ D-FensDogg
    'Loyal American Underground'

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There have been many good answers around the posts. Inventive.

      Delete
  15. Peter Boyle for Lee? That might be the perfect one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Boyle had a certain dignity that I liked. Lee has that too.

      Delete
  16. I think this is the first non-roast comment regarding his jacket. I'm sure back in the day Lee and his jacket were looking dapper for the ladies!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dressing sharp varies with the decade. Men were just starting to show their plumage with plush fabrics and ruffled shirts.

      Delete
  17. I'm trying to remember who Peter Boyle is. I'm trying to remember a lot of things. I can picture Richard Dreyfuss building the Devil's Tower out of mashed potatoes--yeah that's me to a tee.

    Another fun post! So much creativity and imagination. Never thought of myself as a sharp-dressed man back in those days. Yes, imagination.

    Thanks for the fun!

    Lee
    An A to Z Co-Host
    Tossing It Out

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the read, Lee. Glad you like the variation. Peter Boyle was the MC in 'Joe'.

      Delete
  18. I can't believe I missed Lee's roast. Oh dear.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You could always reheat him, a bit. . .

      Delete
  19. Dear Arlee is everywhere! What a legend.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love your flash piece. I'd also love to see Arlee do that trick. Very fun roast post :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Nice entry. That sure was a fun day. I love the sharp dressed man caption - my favorite so far. I'm a little slow getting around to everyone...sigh.
    Tina @ Life is Good

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Slow is better sometimes, more quality comments. . .in its time, that jacket probably was sharp-dressed; styles have their time like wine. Happy Holidays, Tina!

      Delete

Comments will be reviewed before they appear.