Friday, May 31, 2013

Immaterial Evidence - Milo James Fowler


If you like mysteries and illusive villains, look at Milo's latest. . .


Cover, Immaterial Evidence, Milo James Fowler

A detective with a price on his head. An invisible criminal with nothing to lose...

The vault door never opened. The bank went into lockdown in less than a minute. Yet the security footage was unmistakable: a hundred silver bars had simply vanished.



 
Ever since the city’s most dangerous crime boss put a price on his head, private investigator Charlie Madison has lived as an exile in Little Tokyo. But now an old friend and police sergeant has lured Madison back into the city to hunt down an invisible criminal—if he can.



As Madison makes his clandestine return, high-profile people start disappearing. And when federal agents swoop onto the scene to take matters into their own hands, they offer Madison a deal he can't refuse—as long as he agrees to work with them. With Japanese freedom fighters and refurbished killing machines threatening to take the world to the brink of nuclear holocaust, the United World government needs all the help it can get.

 
Embroiled in an unimaginable mystery, one private eye must rely on his wits to solve a case where the evidence is immaterial, and the odds are stacked high against him at every turn.
 

IMMATERIAL EVIDENCE - Check this link to Musa Publishing!
 
A Milo James Fowler Release
 

Milo James Fowler writes to intrigue and entertain. I've never been disappointed in one of his stories, and now he has a novella which offers a bigger bite of Milo's writing. Good Luck with this new venture, Milo!

Milo's Blog, In Media Res, be sure to visit!
 
***
 
Are you familiar with Milo's short stories? Do you like detective noir, especially in the Big City where many things can hide. . .?
 
Please share in the comments and don't forget to check the link. And lock your windows. Just in case. Thanks for dropping by!
 
***

41 comments:

  1. Congrats to Milo! Have a great weekend, DG!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looking forward to reading it - congratulations, Milo!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for dropping by, Alex. He's not just short stories anymore.

      Delete
  3. I'm not familiar with Fowler's work. This book sounds like a great read. I haven't read anything noir-ish in a long time. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like his combination of thinly veiled humor and suspense. Sometimes Milo offers free reads at his blog, if you want to have a sample.

      Delete
  4. That book looks really awesome. I'll have to check it out. I love Milo's writing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me, too, Michael, he surprises me.

      Delete
  5. I do indeed like mysteries and illusive villains. Will have to check out Milo James Fowler.

    Thanks for this.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Have a look at the variety on his site. I've read several of his stories.

      Delete
  6. Thank you, DG! And for the kind comments, everybody.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds like a really unique turn on a mystery. Good luck with the newest, Milo.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Replies
    1. And I hear you've got good news, too!

      Delete
  9. I've seen Milo's book on several blogs these last few days. Sounds like an intriguing read.

    ReplyDelete
  10. D.G. Great to see Milo's book here. It sounds awesome. Love the cover too..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. These are the kinds of stories I like too. That cover implies a city tale.

      Delete
  11. Congrats to Milo! This looks amazing :D
    Thanks for sharing~

    I hope you are doing well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Ella, I'm glad to help Milo, his stories always deliver, I expect this one will too.

      Delete
  12. I just added this to my to-read list. Milo is a great writer.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Milo will like that, Nicki. Thanks for stopping by.

      Delete
  13. Yay Milo! Lovely to see him on here and that book cover looks cool!
    Nutschell
    www.thewritingnut.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Many thanks, y'all! Hope you enjoy it.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Congrats to Milo! Love his writing. And what a cool cover!

    I loved hearing about your squirrel encounter. I think he's the first cousin of the one who lives in my neighbor's tree. I've nicknamed him the Tulip Monster (as he can't resist my little garden)!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a great name, Kittie, for your squirrel. Our backyard squirrel planted a sunflower seed in our flower barrel then came back when it had grown into a full flower and harvested it for the seeds.

      Good luck to Milo, he deserves it.

      Delete
  16. love this cover, this story, this genre!
    congrats milo!
    win, win, win!

    ReplyDelete
  17. i think it's a cool cover too---i like a good mystery---might just have to read this--sounds good!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Tara - thanks for the visit.

    Lynn - visit his site to get an idea of his style.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Milo reminds me a bit of a science fiction O'Henry. His western tales have a Robert E. Howard tall tale flavor. He is a unique writer.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Had to look for those two names, Roland. I thought of Hillerman, when I first read Milo. (then add the paranormal)

      Delete
  20. Thank you all! You've made my day. =]

    ReplyDelete
  21. I saw his post when Milo announced this book. I think my husband would really enjoy it.

    ReplyDelete
  22. No, I'm not familiar with Milo, but this sounds good!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Milo's got a style I like. And he's prolific with his writing.

      Delete

Comments will be reviewed before they appear.