Monday, April 6, 2015

E = Entrancing Eiffel, French Faves - A to Z Challenge 2015

An iron structure made for the World's Fair of Paris in 1889,  the Eiffel Tower rose above the city growing taller and taller, until it became as familiar as the clouds overhead.


Eiffel Tower seen from the Trocadero Plaza, Paris, by DG Hudson


E = Eiffel Tower
Tour Eiffel

A tourist attraction, a monument, it's been called many things, but as an icon representing a city, it is an unparrallelled image. It's an immediate identification of Paris. It epitomizes glamour and romance. On March 2014, the Eiffel was 125 years old, and yet, the Iron Lady still looks very trim and elegant.


A personal memory:
I was here, finally in Paris, I had to see the Eiffel Tower, and once I gazed upon the massive iron beauty, I was drawn back to it again and again. It was so different seeing it in actuality. Its size and its magnificence surprised me, and I was instantly under its spell.  


Eiffel Tower at Dusk, Paris, by DG Hudson


If you want to read more on the Eiffel Tower and see my other images, check these previous DG posts:

Eiffel Tower Photo Study

Eiffel Tower Illusion

E = Eiffel Tower, the 2012 A to Z Blog Challenge

*********

Did you know how old the Eiffel was? Have you visited Paris?

Please leave a comment to let me know you stopped by, and if you are part of the A to Z Challenge. I'll be sure to check your blog, and reciprocate. If you're not in the challenge, thanks for stopping by to visit! I try to reply to all comments.

***

The A to Z Blog Challenge is brainchild of Lee, at Tossing It Out.  Please visit the A to Z blog site to find out more information and the participant list.  There are also Twitter and Facebook presences if you want to check those!



*****